Ideas and History
||Playback of recording from a microphone. "Repeat phrase" setting is added for "Play Nonstop" mode. "Move only around bookmarks" mode is improved.
||Subtitles Editor: import from clipboard and bookmarks is improved. A few bugs are fixed.
||Subtitles Editor: import from clipboard and bookmarks is added. A few bugs are fixed.
||Bookmarks and grades, repetition of difficult fragments, writing practice. More info »
||Folder support is added: "Open Folder with MP3 Files..." command in "Open" menu; "Next File", "Previous File" and "Playlist..." commands in "Go" menu;
"Repeat mode" setting. Bigger font sizes are now available in subtitles, notes, etc.
||Additional subtitles, Notes, Writing practice, Words for study, Auto-repeat of phrase and file. More info »
||A few improvements for subtitles functionality, several bugs related to subtitles are fixed. More info »
||Support of subtitles and many more. More info »
||A few bugs are fixed
||Algorithm of phrase selection was improved + a few minor changes. More info »
||First publicly available version
Ideas for next versions
If you have some ideas what are worth to add into the application, please, write me:
What is new
- Additional subtitles. Now you can simultaneously open subtitles in the language you are studying and your native language.
- Notes for Folder and File. Here you can write out your favorite quotes, interesting idioms of a foreign language, list of characters in a book.
It is convenient to copy a text of a corresponding chapter into "Notes for File", if this audio file has no subtitles.
- Writing Practice. This is just a text box, where you can type what you hear. Application doesn't check correctness -
you evaluate a result yourself by comparing your version with the subtitle or text file.
- Words for Study. You can gather a list of words that you want to repeat later, then import them in Anki application.
- Subtitles Editor. New functions: Shift time, Increase / decrease selection till punctuation, Edit source text
- Previous Phrase and Next Phrase buttons are now enabled during playback.
- Phrase auto-repeat mode button.
- File auto-repeat setting.
- Play Nonstop and Play Selected were changed places to match Android app.
- Several bugs were fixed.
- Setting "Height of subtitles view panel" is added.
- Ability to select encoding for subtitles file is added.
- "Close Subtitles File" menu item is added.
- Several bugs related to subtitles are fixed.
- Using of subtitles. More info at page "Subtitles".
- Creating of subtitles. More info at page "Creating of Subtitles".
- List of recently opened files in "Open" button.
- Progress and navigation bar above waveform.
- New setting: "Minimum phrase length".
- Autopauses in "Play Nonstop" mode. New settings: "In Play Nonstop mode, pause between phrases" and "Show pause progress bar".
- Russian localization of UI. New setting: "UI Language".
- Command line parameter to specify file to open. Integration into Windows File Explorer.
- Issue with big fonts mode in Windows is fixed.
- Algorithm of phrase selection was dramatically improved.
- In version 1.01, "Basic settings" had "Preferred phrase length" setting, where you could specify the preferred length in seconds.
Actually, it has little sense to specify exact length, because user usually either wants shorter phrases (if the book is too difficult for him),
or he wants phrases that corresponds to sentences (if the book isn't difficult). So the setting was changed:
- In version 1.01, when you clicked by the left mouse button inside a selection, the application selected the left part of the selected area:
Now you can also click by the right mouse button and the application will select the right part of the selected area:
- In version 1.01, when you pressed "Play Nonstop", the application always started playback from the beginning of the current phrase.
Now, if you didn't play the current phrase, the application highlights the left edge of the current phrase. This means that
if you'll press "Play Nonstop", the application will start playback from the beginning of the current phrase.
But, if you've played the current phrase, the application highlights the right edge of the current phrase. This means that
if you'll press "Play Nonstop", the application will start playback from the end of the current phrase.