Subtitles for "Sans Famille" by Hector Malot

Share links to resources with audio materials useful for people who learn French
denoli

Subtitles for "Sans Famille" by Hector Malot

Postby denoli » 23 Jun 2015, 18:19

It's the first time that I contribute to a "commercial" site with my own material so I will give some explanations beforehand.

Not only I like the program (it has become one of my preferred methods of language learning) but I appreciate the free windows version, the possibility of making your own subtitles and last but not least the fact that the subtitles are coded in plain text (html or srt). The Forum is also a good opportunity to share materials, opinions, advices and so on.

And now to the point. Today I want to share the subtitles for Sans Famille (the english translation is Nobody's Boy), the well-known novel by Hector Malot (1830-1907). It is a touching story about an abandoned boy and the search for his real family, his adventures through France and his friends. Someone could remember the anime series (Remi), based upon the novel:

The language is a little archaic but easy to understand and well suitable for a learner of French. The passionate voice of the reader, Victoria, is clear and intelligible (thanks again to her, she passed away last year).

You can find the audio here : Sans Famille audio , from litteratureaudio.com. (13h 10min)

Here is the subtitles (html and srt) that I made for the corresponding andio files above: subtitles. (860 KB)
Last edited by denoli on 28 Jan 2016, 19:24, edited 2 times in total.

SergeyP
Site Admin

Re: Subtitles for "Sans Famille" by Hector Malot

Postby SergeyP » 25 Jun 2015, 17:35

Hello!

Thank you for your work, but I wasn't able to download subtitles.

I followed your link to the page that contained 10 or more "Download" links but all of them lead to some advertisment web pages or trying to force me to install some junk. Could you provide instruction where user exactly should click or upload your subtitles to more user-friendly web site.

Thanks!

denoli

Postby denoli » 25 Jun 2015, 18:35

I choosed embedupload to have many choices, but it seems that this "service" uses dirty tricks nowadays. :evil:

I've re-uploaded the subtitles on depositfiles. I hope it works now.

Subtitles
Last edited by denoli on 28 Jan 2016, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.

SergeyP
Site Admin

Postby SergeyP » 27 Jun 2015, 22:30

Thank you! Yes, this time I've downloaded subtitles successfully.

Note for other users: You shouldn't enter your phone number (just close pop-up) or install suggested app, you need to enter CAPTCHA (blurred words) and click "Continue".

denoli

Postby denoli » 17 Sep 2015, 18:15

A post on duolingo about these subtitles, WAB and improving listening skills in French. Here.

SergeyP
Site Admin

Postby SergeyP » 25 Sep 2015, 19:45

Thank you for sharing this info on one more resource!

Return to “French”